About This Educational Activity
Title: You and Alzheimer's – An Animated Patient's Guide to Alzheimer's Disease and Dementia
Release date: January 21, 2021
This activity has been designed to meet the educational needs of patients and caregivers affected by Alzheimer's disease and dementia.
- Jointly provided by the Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower and Prime Medic Inc., in collaboration with Postgraduate Institute for Medicine.
- This activity is supported by an independent educational grant from Biogen Idec.
- To enhance communications between health providers, and patient caregivers by increasing understanding of the complexities of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, including the progressive course of disease, its risks, symptoms, management strategies, and health outcomes.
- To explain and contrast evidence-based clinical data, scientific concepts of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia, and provide greater understanding on the role of different therapeutic agents – including treatment risks and benefits in disease management, as well as issues about safety, side-effects, efficacy and utility in the spectrum of management options related to Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- To empower patient caregiver competencies through effective education to facilitate partnerships with their healthcare providers by promoting informed dialogue between caregivers and health providers leading to achieve best patient care and optimal health outcomes.
Richard S. Isaacson, MD
Director, Alzheimer's Prevention Clinic
Associate Professor of Neurology
Weill Cornell Medicine and NewYork-Presbyterian
New York, New York
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest:
The Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower requires instructors, planners, managers and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any real or apparent conflict of interest (COI) they may have as related to the content of this activity. All identified COI are thoroughly vetted and resolved according to the Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower policy. The Annenberg Center for Health Sciences at Eisenhower is committed to providing its learners with high quality educational activities and related materials that promote improvements or quality in healthcare and not a specific proprietary business interest of a commercial interest.
The faculty reported the following financial relationships or relationships to products or devices they or their spouse/life partner have with commercial interests related to the content of this educational activity:
Richard S. Isaacson - Nothing to disclose
The PIM planners and managers have nothing to disclose.
Annenberg Center for the Health Sciences at Eisenhower staff involved in this activity have no relevant commercial relationships to disclose.
The Prime Medic planners and managers involved in this activity have no relevant commercial relationships to disclose.
Disclosure of Unlabeled Use:
This educational activity may contain discussion of published and/or investigational uses of agents that are not indicated by the FDA.
- The planners of this activity do not recommend the use of any agent outside of the labeled indications.
- The opinions expressed in the educational activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of the planners.
- Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings.
Participants have an implied responsibility to use the newly acquired information to enhance their own personal development.
- The information presented in this activity is not meant to serve as a guideline for patient management.
- Any procedures, medications, or other courses of diagnosis or treatment discussed or suggested in this activity should be discussed with your physician.
is an internet-based educational program available on Mac and PC. Click here
to view Technical Requirements